10 Birmingham Kids Activities
Birmingham and the West Midlands attract families from far and wide with a host of great days out for kids and parents alike, with museums, nature parks, historical tours and children’s shows in Birmingham, just a few to name to keep the little ones entertained.
We have put together 10 fun things to do to make your kids day out in Birmingham a memorable one.
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea, Live! - Town Hall & Symphony Hall. The best thing about the Town Hall and Symphony Hall is that there is always something going on, which will leave you and your family wanting to come back time and time again.
The Tiger Who Came to Tea Live on Stage is now playing at Birmingham Town Hall from WED 26 DEC 2018 – SUN 13 JAN 2019. The Tiger Who Came to Tea is a classic tale, written in 1968, and remains one of the best selling children’s books of all time. The much loved tale of a tiger creating tea time mayhem is brought vividly to life on stage, celebrating 10 years as a spectacular kid’s play.
- The Birmingham Mystery Treasure Trail - Discover the history of Birmingham one clue at a time. Follow the 1.5-mile route through Birmingham on this self-guided themed Treasure Trail. Hunt for clues located on permanent features such as buildings and statues to solve the mysteries.
- Cadbury World – Have you ever wanted to win the golden ticket like Charlie and visit the chocolate factory? Well your wait is over, come and visit Cadbury World and discover the history behind your favourite chocolate treats and explore the magic of how they are created.
The fabulous state of the art Purple Planet offers visitors the chance to grow their own cocoa bean and experience chocolate rain. With so many amazing things to discover, including an adventure play area and the world's biggest Cadburys shop. This is for sure every chocolate lover's dream day out!
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery - A world class museum right in the city centre, entry is free and you can see the Staffordshire hoard and ancient Egyptian artefacts. Also visit the Mini Museum filled with books, games and dressing up for under 5s.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham - LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham is entirely indoor-based, this amazing LEGO attraction made for your 3 to 12-year-olds, you and your tots can enjoy LEGO time, no matter the weather! Discover 6 fun-filled zones, including a LEGO DUPLO farm, a 4D cinema showing exclusively LEGO movies, plus a race track where you can design, build and test your very own functional LEGO car.
You can indulge in more fun with LEGO rides! Hop on the Kingdom Quest laser ride, before mixing LEGO with magic on the Magic Bike Rides.
- Dudley Zoological Gardens - The zoo and the 11th-century castle have been popular with generations of families in the West Midlands and warrant setting a day aside to visit. At the Arachnophobia workshop in the Rainforest Suite they can even help you cure a phobia of spiders or snakes – they are really just delightful and misunderstood.
- Wibbly Wobbly World of Play - Try out Wibbly Wobbly World of Play, a huge soft play area with a bounce arena and racing slides for the kids to wear themselves out. The centre offers a relaxing seating area for parents as well, with freshly prepared food available for everyone.
- Birmingham Library - A perfect venue on a rainy day, the £189m library in Centenary Square is one of the city’s most iconic buildings. There are 10 floors housing everything from exhibitions to toddler fun sessions.
- BBC Birmingham Visitor Centre - BBC Tours give a fascinating insight into the many programmes originating from BBC Birmingham and tell you the inside story of what it takes to get them from script to screen. See the cutting-edge editing suites and the 24/7 BBC News online facilities where they deal with up to 300 stories a day. BBC Birmingham is a working building so no two tours are the same, but they will always be informative, interesting and entertaining.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium - The National Sea Life Centre Birmingham is fun for everyone. Your kids will be captivated by the penguins, octopus and turtles whilst learning something new about each exhibit and their favourite fish. Not only does this Aquarium provide a fantastic experience but it also serves to protect, rescue and breed endangered species, drawing on their years of knowledge and marine biologists.
Need to entertain your kids? Looking for things to do in Birmingham? Check out Tiger Who Came To Tea Live! Book your tickets now!